This nutrition and support program offers expectant women the opportunity to receive emotional, educational and nutritional support to assist them in developing a healthy baby during their pregnancy. A support person is welcome to attend with you.
Good Food Bags containing fresh fruits and vegetables, milk, eggs and other protein sources are provided free to participants.
This program is supported in the following areas:
How will this program benefit me and my family?
In a group format, CHB will provide support and education to pregnant women to promote healthy lifestyles choices during the pre and post-natal period.
What can I Expect?
- Participate in guided discussion and experience-sharing.
- The opportunity to meet new people going through similar experiences.
- Receive support and education with breastfeeding.
- Receive information and educational resources on a variety of *topics that reflect the needs of the group.
- Healthy snacks & refreshments are provided.
- During the program, children are playing in a high quality learning environment with trained support staff.
- Transportation may be provided.
Example of Topics Discussed
- Personal Health Practices and Coping Skills
- Fetal Development
- Prenatal Attachment
- Prenatal Exercise
- Warning signs and preterm birth
- Sexual Health issues during and after pregnancy
- Labour and Birth
- Relaxation and Comfort measures during birth
- Newborn Care in the immediate postpartum period
- Infant post-delivery appearance, procedures and tests
- Caring for Your baby in the first few weeks
- Maternal Care in the immediate postpartum period
- Postpartum depression
- Postnatal exercise
What do you like about the Creating Healthy Babies Program?
Information regarding breastfeeding, proper nutrition
-Mother of a 7yr old girl, 3yrs old boy and 27weeks pregnant
That I learned things I didn’t know before. I like how the group is friendly and informative.
- Mother of a 7yr old boy and 40 weeks pregnant
Meet new moms, learn new things and the “Good Food Bag’s” helped with my expenses.
- Mother of a 2yr old boy and 27 weeks pregnant