This program offers families with children between the ages of 0 and 4 an opportunity to receive support and information on a variety of age-appropriate topics. Informal discussions give parents and caregivers the opportunity for personal growth and to share with each other the joys and challenges of raising young children.
This program is supported in the following areas:
How will this program benefit me and my family?
In a group format, Steps & Stages will provide support and education to you and your family while sharing the joys and challenges of raising young children.
What can I Expect?
- Participate in guided discussion and experience-sharing.
- The opportunity to meet new people going through similar experiences.
- Receive information and educational resources on a variety of *topics that reflect the needs of the group.
- Healthy snacks & refreshments are provided.
- During the program, children are playing in a high quality learning environment with trained support staff.
- Transportation may be provided.
Example of Topics Discussed
- Childhood Development
- Healthy School Lunches and Snacks
- Toddler Nutrition
- Picky Eaters
- Healthy Eating on a Budget
- Managing Stress
- Mental Health
- Healthy Relationships
- Dental Health
- Potty Training
- Environmental Safety
- Summer / Winter Safety
- Separation anxiety
- Sleep problems
What do you like about the Steps and Stages Program?
Meet other moms and dads, talk about problems, issues and learn about different support resources.
-Mother of a 4yr old girl and 3 month old boy
The free samples, learning everything possible about being a mom, neat tricks and recipes
-Mother of a 2yrs old boy and 27 weeks pregnant
The group is easy going and friendly. The environment is a clean and safe. The staff are easy going, friendly and knowledgeable.
-Mother of 2yrs old girl and 4 month old boy