Our Children, Our Future/Nos enfants, notre avenir – a non-profit charitable organization that works with children and families is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual who will work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team.
The Parent Resource Worker (PRW) is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Family Resource Centre to include programs and services and community development activities.
Reporting to the Manager of Program Services, the PRW will plan, develop, and deliver family-centred early learning programs.
The PRW promotes programs and community partnerships and development; responds to individual and community requests for service and support; ensures up-to-date knowledge of community resources. Participates in meetings within the organization and with community partners as directed.
• Professional designation with registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators (non-RECE’s may be considered, with the expectation of additional training requirements);
• Experience working with young children and parents around issues relating to poverty is an asset;
• Knowledge of human & early childhood development, parenting skills and pre & post natal care;
• Ability to self-start, work independently and within a team;
• Excellent problem-solving skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both official languages is required;
• Ability to work in a computerized environment;
• Ability to work with confidential information;
• Ability to lift and carry up to 16 kilograms (40 pounds);
• Holder of a valid “G” Ontario driver’s license, Driver’s Abstract, and access to a reliable vehicle;
• Holder of a valid First Aid & CPR Level C certificate;
• Ability to produce a clean Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
If you are interested in applying for a position with Our Children, Our Future / Nos enfants, notre avenir, please forward a copy of your current resume, with a letter of application to:
201 Jogues Street
or by fax (705) 673-3354
or by email email@example.com
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.